In this week’s “Today I Learned” Polygon’s Editor at Large Chris Plante tackles what it is to be a pop star, the existential crisis many real idols face during the end of their limelight, Justin Beiber’s recent public breakdown and how this all compares to ‘virtual idols’ such as Hatsune Miku. It examines what it means to be a star, how these stars interact with the public at large, and answers the question “Is a Virtual Popstar Better than a Human Popstar” using Hatsune Miku vs Justin Beiber as proxies for the argument.Read More
To celebrate the recent release of IA ENGLISH C we figured we would feature a CeVIO Original song by ruby-P. Congrats on being our first Video Spotlight in a long while. We thought your song was awesome enough, and CeVIO English’s release notable enough that we just had to Spotlight this as soon as we heard it.
- Anime Los Angeles 2020 Battle of the Bands Recap
- UTAU Retrospective Retrospective: Recapping Our UTAU Panel at ALA2020
- UTAU Retrospective: A Decade of Singing Robots Panel @ Anime Los Angeles 2020
- The Big Alliance Physical Edition Preorders Close Friday, December 6th
- BoxStar Demos DeepVocal English Singthesis Engine